October 29, 2014

Hand & Nail Care Essentials

This Monday I headed to my nail technician with my mom for a gel manicure. I've been getting my nails done on the regular for the past 7 years and, personally, I love gel nails. The gel can stay on for ± three weeks and the shine lasts until the next refill. I associate good looking nails with good hand care.

That's why I'm always carrying a hand cream in my bag. I adore Rituals Ginkgo's Secret Hand Balm. The formula is quite thick but it absorbs quickly into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy feeling. This balm leaves my hands soft and moisturized.

Once a week, I pamper my hands with a mask. I make an easy and moisturizing Potato Mask with ingredients I have in the kitchen and I use Essence Studio Nails Fast Cuticle Remover thereafter if my cuticles need it. I apply a bit of the remover on my cuticles, let it sit for 30 seconds and then gently push my cuticles back with a cuticle pusher.

(These are all my natural nails under the gel overlay.)

 photo EC6714809E2B43C303C62D041299E48F_zps2f68ab76.jpg
}, 10); UA-45563513-1