February 3, 2016

NEW CAREER

new career beauty consultant
Hi sunshines. A few months ago was my first day at a new job. Somehow I got a job as a beauty consultant. I was so, so, so nervous – it was scary. The first few weeks the company provided trainings to its new employees, I've learned a lot and I got a little bit better with everything beauty related. Now, I advice consumers on perfume, make-up and care. I really enjoy my new career and I’ll probably do it for quite some time, but I still have plenty of insecurities.

Since it has always been my childhood dream to work in the beauty industry, I feel blessed to work with some very successful makeup artists and beauticians, I hope I'll learn a lot from each of them. Every single person is positive, kind, and they are always helping everyone however they can. The atmosphere is very uplifting and fun. The days go by really fast. I love my job, I could go on and on about how I have rewarding work. But every job has its pros and cons.

The highs and lows of this job are probably the same as any other job, it isn't always sunshine and rainbows. The hardest part about this job is making everyone happy: the client, the brand and the shop manager. And spending most of my time on my feet, this leads to pain in my feet, legs and lower back. Besides that I can't think of anything I don't like about working in the beauty industry! The freedom of making my own schedule, and choosing brands I want to work with makes it all worth it. Clients that I currently work for on a regular basis include Urban Decay, L'Oréal Luxe ( Lacôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani, ... ) and Narciso Rodriguez. 

Love,
N.
}, 10); UA-45563513-1